Suggestion from Paula:
- We work with a lot of matrices and even have some nice displays, yet these datatypes don't have any visualizers available.
- This could be used for results of BCT which are 2D.
Proposed working plan:
- this task refers to results of analyzers
- we should start by running all analyzers
- review the resulting DataTypes, and identify those with results of type Matrix >=2D
- one possibility would be to insert a new class in the hierarchy of datatypes to identify these
- after a very short code-peak, MappedType seems to be the base class as base class for these results. Is this correct ?
- phase1: create a visualizer which accepts MappedType >=2D as input, and takes a 2D matrix to display
- the new visualizer should include 2 TABS: one with a 2D matrix in Matplotlib, one with the D3.js component
- review the datatypes inheriting from it (e.g. make sure the dimension_labels fields is correctly populated)
- phase2: when > 2D, display the rest of dimensions as select inputs (as we do now in Brain Viewer for the mode x state_var)
- phase3: have a supplementary display as in Connectivity - Time Space for the 3rd/4th dimensions